Friday, February 8, 2008

Quote of the Day Harlan Ellison

Harlan Ellison is often lauded and or maligned for his abrasiveness. Personally, I enjoy his writing and am constantly entertained with his numerous public scuffles.

Todays Quote of the day comes from the film Dreams With Sharp Teeth, a film about Harlan Ellison. While discussing the plight of writers and getting paid for it, he comes out with this pearl of wisdom.


"I sell my soul, but at the highest rates, the highest rates. I don't take a piss without getting paid for it."

See it in context below





This clip puts this movie on my must see list. I still have fond memories of his reviews in my collection of Asimov's and Astounding Science Fiction mags. No one speaks their mind as clearly and as pointedly as Ellison.

MrCopilot

No comments:

Tech Articles